Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blogrimage Tag 16: Liechtenstein

Yesterday I feel asleep before I had a chance to blog...there is something about that hour drive to and from Pueblo to school, that will make one super sleepy, not to mention all the papers and projects that are now due. Well, enough with the excuses...today, Wednesday, is day 16 and it brings me to the nation of Liechtenstein.

I pick Liechtenstein primarily because I like the way it sounds, and it reminds of the movie "A Knights Tale" (Sir Ulrich van Liechtenstein)

Liechtenstein is the smallest, yest richest German speaking nations.Liechtenstein is sandwiched between Switzerland and Austria, near the Swiss Alps. Because it is mostly mountainous, it is a huge destination for winter sports activities.

Vaduz is the capital of this German speaking country, however, Vaduz is not the largest city. The castle to the right is the Vaduz castle...doesn't it look a whole lot like the castle in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"? Well, either way, this is a beautiful castle, one that I would like to add to my list! When I was living in Western Ukraine, I used to go to various castles around the area with several of my friends. It became our Mondays of Adventure, in which we would visit a castle and finish the day with some coffee and homemade food!!

Sonya, want to come with me to see this one?!

As for the flag: the Liechtenstein flag of red and blue have been a part of Liechtenstein since the Holy Roman Empire, and represent that part of their heritage, while the gold crown represents its independence and principality.

That is all I have for tonight, but since I am on the theme of movies in this blog i will leave you with a line from a movie whose title is tomorrow's country: "I like to move it, move it"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers