Sunday, March 27, 2011

BLogrimage Day 13: Kenya

I had a wonderful time in Estes Park, Colorado. It is amazing what some fresh mountain air can do to the body! I loved snowshoeing and playing games at night with my parents and best friend Lori. It was a perfect ending to Springs Break, which went by way to fast!

I am honestly so excited about today's country. I have dreamt of going to Kenya, Africa for years! There is something about African Villages, filled with little black children, that makes my heart smile. I pray that maybe next summer, will be there year that I can finally go to Kenya! Plus, how cool would it be to learn some Swahili

I have been watching video's on youtube about Kenya for a while now...my heart is yearning to go. Here is one of the video's I watched. It is just video clips of children in Kenya put together to music.

Kenya is a land of diversity. It consists of coastal towns, to large cities, to flatlands, to snow-capped mountains. In the picture seen above, it is the National Park of Nairobi with the Nairobi skyline in the background.

The capital of Kenya is Nairobi, with a population over 3 million. This city has thousands of street kids, left to fend for themselves, many of whom are addicted to sniffing glue. The video below is about 11 minutes, but it is fascinating because it shows how young adults in Kenya, who used to live on the streets, are now helping those who are on the streets. They offer things for the kids to get involved in, like playing music, a soccer team, and other stuff, by bringing it all to the streets. If you have a few minutes, I encourage you to watch it.Kenya Street Kids - Africa

After watching all those videos, the only thing I hve left to say, is that my heart is burning, now more than ever, for the nation of Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers