Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blogrimage Día Tres: Chile

Before I begin talking about Chile, I just need to say that Spring Break started today!!! I am looking forward to relaxing and catching up on things that have been neglected during the craziness that is this semester. In addtion, i am planning on watching LOTS of March Madness...I love March Madness! There is something about the competition and just draws me in, and I can't help but pick my teams and cheer!

Well, now that that is off my chest, I am ready to learn more about the nation of Chile. From what I have heard about Chile, it is a beautiful country, with lush lands and high mountains.  This nation stretches along over 4,000 miles of coast on one side and the beautiful Andes mountains on the other. Chile is an average of 109 miles wide. That means the width of the entire country is about the distance from Pueblo, CO to Denver, CO.


Man, just seeing this picture of Chile, takes my breath away...

When I see pictures of places like the one above, or look out my window and see the Rocky Mountains, or stand on the beach looking into the horizon with the waves crashing at my ankles, I am always amazed at the creativity of the Lord. I mean to think, that before the earth was created, everything was dark and formless, then after He spoke a word, places like one above, just burst forth into the atmosphere. The most fabulous part of it all, is that I believe that God created the things He did for our enjoyment and to show Himself in our everday world. Just think, one word, changed the earth forever, and because of it we see the sites that take our breath away. Amazing!

If I could use one word to describe Chile, is would say diverse. As mentioned about, this nation is nestled between the Andes mountains and the ocean floor. The Atacama Desert is also located there, in which it once experienced a 40 year span of no rain. Strangely enough, the nation of Chile also owns a part of Antarctica.

The capital city is Santiago de Chile, and is one place I would love to visit...i mean look at it and tell me you wouldn't want to go there:

Well, I will just leave you with a challenge to look at your surroundings with new eyes, and see the beauty that is all around you!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers