Friday, April 1, 2011

Blogrimage Day 18: Madagascar

Ok, so to be perfectly honest, I am getting very bored of my blog. Being a full time student, the last thing I want to do everyday is more research. So, I am trying to decided ways in which i can still learn about these countries, but also add some variety. I do still love the nations and want to learn about them, yet doing research everyday is BORING!

Any suggestions?!

I do want to share a story. On Wednesday night at Generation Church, we were worshiping to the song "Jesus Your Beautiful" by John Thurlow and the lyrics to this song are amazing:

I know that Your eyes are like flames of fire
I know that Your head is white as wool
I know that Your voice, it sounds like waters
Jesus, You’re beautiful

At one point in the service, Pastor Dan asked the question: what does Jesus' beauty look like to you?

I then began thinking about this question, and this is what I saw: I saw myself standing outside in this open area, surrounded by kids from all around the world. I then saw their faces, and it was in seeing their faces, that I saw the beauty of God. Their smiles were like light piercing the darkness of the world, with such joy and peace. Their eyes were a deep well of knowledge and wisdom yet to be shared, and still filled with such love, that you couldn't stop looking into their eyes. Each child represented a story waiting to be told, they were full of such innocence, excitement and imagination. It was pure joy looking into their faces, all so different, yet uniquely the same. To me, the beauty of Jesus is represented in children of the world....what does the beauty of Jesus look like to you?


Madagascar:
Capital: Antananarivo
Official Language: Malagasy and French





Here is a clip from the movie Madagascar...just for fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers